Low Carb Program is the award-winning, NHS-approved education program and behaviour change support app developed with the feedback of 100,000 people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
The Low Carb Program has featured in the Daily Mail, Sky News, The Times, BBC, ITV, The Telegraph, Men's Health and The Sunday Times.
Benefits of a low-carb diet include lower blood glucose levels, less dependence on medication and improved cholesterol levels.
Use the Low Carb Program app on web, iOS, Android, Apple Watch, Android Watch, and Amazon Alexa to learn how to low carb, browse thousands of recipes and meal plans, track your progress, stay up to date and find support in a community of over 430,000 people.
- Buy your membership
- You will be emailed you activation code
- Download the app or visit the website and enter your code
Memberships come with no commitment and do not auto-renew.
How does it work?
Over the course of 12 weeks and beyond, we’ll work together to implement small and sustainable lifestyle habits to achieve your health goals.
You’ll receive personalised weekly meal plans and education, content curated just for you, and plenty of little nudges along the way to keep you on track.
You'll also have access to Classes - a library of expert coach led activities. Enjoy meditation classes, mindfulness classes, PT-led fitness classes and yoga classes to suit your activity level.
You'll have a Behaviour Change Mentor appointed to you who is always on hand to help, together with 430,00+ community members.
- Multi-award-winning nutrition education with tailored bonus modules developed with Dr David Unwin
- Take the hassle out of planning with weekly meal plans tailored to dietary preferences, allergies, likes and dislikes and a recipe library tailored to your preferences
- Set your nutrition targets and keep track of your food intake using our searchable food database, barcode scanner and food diary
- Increase your activity by tracking your steps – connect to FitBit®, Apple Health, Google Fit or Nokia
- Learn to handle difficult situations such as travelling, eating out and social occasions
After completing the core 12-week program, you’ll graduate to Maintain:
- Searchable library of over 1,300 tried and tested recipes to maintain your healthy lifestyle
- Monthly education modules tailored to sustain your health achievements
- Read daily updated content curated for you
- Get continued support from your Behaviour Change Mentor and community members
Everything you see and experience is personalised to you; right down to your food likes, food dislikes, allergies, other conditions, culture and budget. We're constantly learning from the footprints of over 430,000 members, and we call it health intelligence.
Peer-reviewed, published outcomes demonstrate that people with type 2 diabetes who complete the Low Carb Program lose an average of 7% of their body weight and reduce HbA1c by 13mmol/mol at 1-year.
In addition, 40% of participants eliminate at least one diabetes medication from their treatment and 1 in 4 people achieves type 2 diabetes remission.
People with prediabetes who complete the Low Carb Program lose an average of 8kg at 1-year and people with obesity lose an average of 4kg at 1-year.
Low Carb Program is a Fellow to the NHS Innovation Accelerator, DigitalHealth.London Accelerator and RCGP Innovation Mentorship Programme.
Trusted by hundreds of thousands of people
Thousands of people have placed type 2 diabetes into remission with the Low Carb Program. However, it’s not enough on its own. Real change requires practice. It's up to you to apply what you learn in the program. It’s all about small steps, in your own time.
You have the support of 430,000 people on their own low carb journey at your fingertips. People like Mark who lost 50kg, and Stella who lost 35kg.
The community share stories and ask questions; a network of 430,000 people, all pooling their knowledge and experience to help you get on the right track.
Watch a video of Low Carb Program champion Debra on ITV's This Morning: